Founded in 1902, Fibrax has been a family-owned business since 1975. The companies head office is situated in Wrexham, UK with purpose-built manufacturing plants in Poland and Morocco. Fibrax are specialists in Polymer Injection Moulding, mainly working in the automotive industry.
We are currently recruiting for Production Operators at our Wrexham site:
Key tasks for the role include:
- Setting up, operating and shutting down a production approved rubber moulding process (after tooling is installed).
- Where expected cycle times and/or defect levels cannot be achieved, assessing available information to determine possible special causes and where practicable, resolving them.
- Working with other members of the production department to form an effective production team.
- Communicating with the shift management team to ensure issues beyond the scope of available settings and method are resolved promptly.
- Maintaining the work area in accordance with 5S principles.
- Assisting in improvement initiatives in all areas of the company as part of cross-functional teams.
- Other work (not related to machine operation but required by the undertakings of the company) as required from time to time.
- The skills and ability to learn and understand the manufacturing process.
- A good level of spoken and written English.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- The ability to communicate at all levels and work well as part of a team.
- Have prior experience of injection moulding.
- Have prior experience of working under quality systems such as
- ISO9001, TS16949 or similar.
- Have a desire to improve both themselves and their processes.
- Be able to lead a small team to assist with continuous improvement.
Particulars of the role:
- Remuneration – Starting at £10.42 per hour – increasing to £11.63 once fully trained and assessed for competency.
- Working hours – Monday to Friday, 8hr shifts (Week 1 6am – 2pm. Week 2 2pm – 10pm, Week 3 10pm – 6am).
- Full training in the requirements of the role will be given, also, the opportunity for further professional training and for the right candidate.
- Benefits – Pension, Access to EAP Service, Cycle Scheme.
*Please note as this is a shift working position, we are only accepting applications from people 18 years and over.
Please send your C.V. to: LG@Fibrax.co.uk
Please be advised that due to the high level of applications we receive, it is not always possible to respond to everyone. Therefore, if you have not been contacted in 7 days of your application please deem your application as being unsuccessful.